Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bayern 2 - 1 Hoffenheim and the Isar



This after-noon I went to a FC Bayern fanshop to get #10 Robben on my jersey. The employees were quite nice with me. I asked them if there was a chance to buy tickets to the game on Saturday anywhere. They said my best bet was to go to the FCB headquarters next to the Allianz Arena, where the tickets are sold. They explained to me that on the day before the match, some new tickets are available for sale, usually because season ticket holders can't go and so sell them off that way. All currently available tickets are sold out, and I learned yesterday at the tour that it has always been that way for FCB matches (another Munich club, 1860 München, used to be part owner but now only rents it on matchdays in the second division).

I saw someone on my way to the tram who works at the tent and is a friend of Lorna who recommended that on a lovely day like today, I should go to a field that is on edge of the Isar, the river that crosses Munich.

I found a sports bar really close to the camp, so I went out there tonight to watch thr Bayern - Hoffenheim match.

Hoffenheim took the lead early, scoring after only 30 seconds. Bayern played a typical game with lots of ball possession, although the early conceded goal left to a pressure and so nervous passes. Thomas Müller eventually scored the equaliser, through a Ribery pass, who on the same play injured himself (may be out for a few weeks). Daniel van Buyten eventually scored the winner in the 90th minute with a suspicion of offside on the headed pass. Coach van Gaal subbed off Kroos for Olic and Contento for Pranjic at half-time, maybe for poor performance, but more likely since Bayern will be playing four games in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment