Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Deutsches Museum - Olympiapark



Sunday: I visited the Deutsches Museum today. It's basically a huge natural science museum. They have a replica of a mine (not recommended for really tall people or claustrophobics). They also have physics, chemistry, astronomy, as well as marine transport and aviation expositions. I stayed for around 5 hours snd those are about the only sections I had time to visit, among many more. I went to a vietnamese restaurant for supper, which I stumbled upon on my way back.

Monday: I visited the Olypiapark, the spot where the 1972 Olympics were held. This obviously includes the Olypiastadion, which was also used during the 2006 World Cup. When I got to the site, I immediatley saw the mount there, which I decided to go up and have lunch on the small platform. I then came back down and went into the tower installed there, which gives you an amazing view of all of Munich from 180 meters. It was fun finding all the different buildings I have visited from there. On my way back, I saw tge first effects of the public transport strike. The metro just suddenly changed directions at the stop I was waiting for it, though it was going into the city center, which is where I wanted to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment