Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Plane and train


So, last evening I booked my flight and ordered my Eurail train pass. I also reserved my first night at a youth hostel in Munich, just to be sure I have a place to stay when I get there. I will be getting in pretty early (8:50), so if I can just leave my luggage there, maybe rest a bit on a couch, then I can head out and do some sight-seeing before the crazy Oktoberfest crowds arrive. On another note, hostels seem to be completly booked for both week-ends of Oktoberfest. I have been thinking of other possibilities, such as visiting other parts of Germany, say leaving by train around supper time from Munich and staying a night or two in other cities. Another option is taking a night train, that way I could go see some countries that are a bit farther but that I don't want to spend more than a few days visiting.

After having thought about how long I wanted to leave for, since booking a return flight at the same time is much cheaper, I finally decided to go for 3 months, so my return is on December 15th.

I know it seems like a long time now, to be away from family and friends. But it seems like a reasonable amount of time considering my current travel plans.

I guess time will tell, but I'm sure I will find some other place to visit if my current list runs out early.

I also invited a bunch of friends for a farewell party at a bar in Old Longueuil this coming Saturday.

I have quite a few things to get done to be ready to leave, so I will stop this post here.

1 comment:

  1. Well my dad always said i'd never be fisrt at anything but here i am... wish you al the best and a safe trip!!! Imagine the stories will have when u get back!!!
    be good (well not too good!!)
    rich

    ReplyDelete