Thursday, September 23, 2010

City tour



I met two americans who are travelling alone, so I joined them on the free city tour. We walked around for about two hours and saw all the sights within walking distance of downtown Munich. The Viktualiensmarkt, an old style food market, the old and new city halls, then Marienplatz, Frauenkirche, a huge church and we finished at Odeonsplatz, which has an exact copy of a Venician statue display.

Afterwards, the two americans and I went to see the river surfing on the Isar. Pretty amazing to think it is done so close to downtown Munich. We then walked through the Englischer Garten to the Biergarten and had lunch.

I came back for a nap and after supper decided I would go to Oktoberfest again. We managed to get a table and I started to chat with a local girl, a half english and half german conversation, as both of us tried to practice our weak language, ensued for half an hour.

On the way back on the tram I met a wonderful lady that had worked at the german house during Expo 67.

No comments:

Post a Comment