Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Explanations

Plans are starting to come together in my head. I woke up yesterday morning (Saturday) thinking I would leave for about a month, visit Munich for Oktoberfest and attend a few Bayern Munich matches, then visit Istanbul, some family friends in Switzerland, then some of my sisters friends she met 4 years ago when she visited Europe herself (where I actually went to meet her and travel for 20 days) in Sweden and Norway. After having thought about it, I realise that the money I had set out for this trip might last longer than I thought since I could very well spend more time with the family friends than I had planned. I also figure that if I really want to take advantage of this opportunity that I have in my life to travel without any big reason to come back, I should go for as long as I can. I also met a customer of where I work that is going to spend 6 weeks in Belgium (where I think he originally comes from) that invited me to go visit him.
The subject of Edel, me and my ex's dog, came up with my sister. Of course, I feel Emma should have a say in who gets to keep her, it is the least that I owe her.
Other than that, I've been thinking about what to do luggage wise. I may go to MEC to see my options when it comes to back-packs, if that is the option I end up choosing.
On a final note for now, I know this kind of a quick decision doesn't seem typical of me, but for some strange reason, this just seems like what I'm supposed to do right now with my life. I think that going back to school (where my ex and I went to the same classes) and seeing the same people, the same classrooms, etc. would be too quick.
It seems there is something calling me to travel right now, which calms me incredibly when faced with the uncertainty that I meet in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment