Saturday, September 18, 2010

First night at The Tent


Today I got up, showered and packed, as I was headed to The Tent, in the northwest of Munich. I took the U-Bahn into town, then the tram to go there. I set my tent up next to a group of three Brits that are here for a few days. We chatted for a couple of hours over beer (even though they had taken a "skinful" last night and were hungover). I was happy to rest my feet, since I've developed blisters. We went into town at about 3:00, where we went to an Ayinger (a brewery) bar. I had an amazing plate of pork roast with dumplings, as well as a Helles (see photo). The Germans, but more specifically the Bavarians, seem to love meat. Afterwards, we went to a typical German bar on a side street. Of about 25, we were the only obvious foreigners. I had a half-liter of Paulaner Salvator (a Doppelbock), which I thought had set me up to sleep. I tried to find a pillow (unsuccesfully), before heading back to the campsite. I hung around the huge campfire to warm up, then eventually went to bed, only to be woken up about an hour later by some rowdy Scots (ironically, my british acquaintaces had said they would be rowdy since they were Scots, more tongue-in-cheek I had thought). Sleep eventually came, only to be woken up by Aussies at a 6:30. More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment